Thursday 27 February 2014

So here I am at 12:59am, wondering what I can do in this world. At 20 years old, I have life experience that not everyone goes through, nor would I wish upon anyone. 

In order for my Starfish Story to be of use to anyone, it's best to explain what a Starfish Story is...

There is a short story called "The Starfish Story" in which a young boy comes across thousands of starfish stranded on the dry sand, dying from the heat. He begins to throw them all back into the water when an older gentleman interrupts him. He says "you can't possibly save them all.". The boy replies "but sir" as he throws another starfish back into the ocean "I made a difference to that one". 




I believe we all have Starfish Stories. Moments in our lives that, although they seem insignificant, silly or simply too dark to share with another human being, could be just the story someone else needs to make a difference in their lives... 


The crucial part of my Starfish Story is that it brought me to God. In a life point when I was ready to give up with little motivation for life, a Christian speaker Reggie Dabbs spoke into my life. He shared that when we are in pain we cry out to God and wether or not we realise it, God cries with us. When we suffer, he weeps with us and cradles us in his arms. 

I may have suffered throughout my life to an unbearable point but I am a survivor. I am a Thriver. And I perceiver daily in the footsteps of my Saviour. My name is Shonae, and this is my Starfish Story. . .





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were someone's starfish, Shonae. How wonderful that you have found true life in the Lord and now want to be a life lived for Him to be His hands and feet in the world to make a difference one life at a time. How precious and beautiful. May the Lord bless you in your love for Him. God bless, Maria, Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete